Thursday, March 26, 2009

My Time In Taidong

So, for chinese New year, I spent two weeks in Taidong with another family there. It was absolutely amazing.
The weather was splendid. It rained only one day I was there.
My family lent me a bike, so i could go virtually anywhere in the city I wanted at any given time (within curfew of course!).My family was very nice, at mostly vegetarian, and even gave me one of their old phones when dropped mine in the ocean feeding the invisible fish.7 exhcange students were invited to stay in taiwan over Chinese NewYears, and while we were there, we were taught how to make noodles, got to see some of the mountains and flowers, spent a good bit of time at the beach, and even got treated to (my first) visit to a Hot Spring.
It was definitely a great trip, although the actual Chinese New Years wasnt a big event for the family i was staying with.
Even so, this trip really refreshed my love for Taiwan.
The winter season was starting to get to me in Taipei, with the cold rain every day and monotony at school.
I was able to refresh myself, get some vitamin C, and relax.

I hope to be fortunate enough to see Taidong again, and perhaps see the Green Island, which is great for snorkling and wildlife. ^^

7 comments:

Maija Lauren Wallace said...

Beautiful photos. :)

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a GREAT trip!!! Excellent pictures and story. thanks!!

Brent

Anonymous said...

Hi Phoenix,

I am glad you are having a wonderful time, all your pictures are very colorful.

Take care, Calvin

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Upbeat and inspiring
Thanks

SydneyErin=] said...

Finally=]

Ha

America misses you=]

glovdyov=]

Unknown said...

Great site. You can have a USB PMOS for your travel blog.
http://www.won48.com

1Q. Why people need bootable USB PMOS this day?
1A. This day people use computer so much in their life. They generate lots of data on
computer storage. We all know that Windows are not very reliable and also are easy to get virus infected. Therefore with PMOS on a USB flash drive, people not just bring their OS, desktop applications, files, emails, personal settings, favorites, games and more with them, they also have a way to use it to recover their critical data when Windows system crashed on them. PMOS also provides multi- language supports for the convenience of your business around the globe. You also can use the USB PMOS to install Linux OS and applications onto the fixed hard drive for your PC computers without CD/DVD drives.

taiwan girl said...

love your pics >.<